08 Nov Advantages of Video on Your Website
You have a new website, but Google Analytics is showing that your visitors aren’t hanging around for long. You could probably use some video on your website.
The popular consensus is that we make up our minds about a website within 8 seconds. You need content on your home page that grabs attention and content throughout that retains it.
We’ve said before, video is incredibly powerful and is heading towards being the dominant media on the internet. Think about the popularity of TV and YouTube and the millions spent on the adverts which are aired on there.
Here’s a few stats to consider:
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- After watching a video, 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product online
- 90% of internet users say that videos are useful in making a decision whether to buy a product
- 80% of internet users can recall a product video they’ve viewed in the past 30 days
- 1/3 of ALL online activity is spent watching videos
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by up to 80%
- This year online video ad spending will reach £4.15 billion
- 59% of business people would rather watch a video than read text
- The average YouTube session has reached 40 minutes (US)
- The average internet user watches 16 minutes of online video ads every month.
One of the key catalysts for this revolution is the incredible increase in internet speeds brought about by fibre optics and 4G mobile connections. Prior to this we were reliant on far slower connections (anyone old enough to remember ‘dial up’ modems?) which really didn’t have the capacity to stream video. Images and the written word were the only promotional tools available. While they are still important, we now have others at our disposal.
Video has many advantages over the written word for online marketing… here are a few:
- You, your company and your product instantly become more personable and more approachable – i.e. you aren’t just words on a page, your prospective customers can actually see you. Therefore, you become a human that they can relate to.
- It’s easier and quicker to get you message across. People won’t sit reading hours of written text unless they are already really interested in the subject. A good video is more accessible.
- You can have fun and be more creative.
- You can establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Google loves video. Search something like ‘hanging a door’ and you will find companies you may not have heard of but have managed to get page 1 rankings on the strength of their video.
- It demonstrates a modern, forward thinking business which embraces change and keeps up with the times.
- It’s a very cost effective form of marketing – video can be shot, edited and put online quickly and for very little cost.
So why not get in front of the camera, get creative and help your business reach new heights?
Why not check out our Video Marketing Page for more insight information. Video Marketing